If At First... - Peter F. Hamilton (short review)

***** A treat

It must be said that this is really a very short story. The entire ebook was created as a promotional tool, and the story occupies only one third of it. I had downloaded it when it was free. I find that make people pay for it, despite the value of the author, is not honest. Yet at this moment it isn't fee, which leaves me puzzled.
Apart from that, this is a really brilliant little story about the possibility of knowing the future and how this can change the course of events. Personally, I was amazed at the skill of Hamilton in including so many details in such a small text, knowing the tendency that he has to write huge stories. He managed to build a well thought out, quite complex story, which intrigued me all the time I was reading it. I had no idea how it was going to end. And the final twist was really unexpected.
Very nice.


If at First . . . on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment