All Authors Blog Blitz

Today I've the pleasure to host a fellow indie author, A. Lopez, Jr., in the scope of the All Authors Blog Blitz event planned by Self-Published and Indie Authors Support Group on Goodreads. 

I have been writing for several years and over that time many ideas have come to mind. I plan to test my writing in different genres, with my favorite one being horror. I have published three books and or novellas. "Purgatory", my first release, is a short story collection based in the horror/macabre genre. It has 13 short stories that I hope will scare you, make you think, and most of all, entertain you. If it does any of the three, then I feel I have done my job. It was released in October 2011 and should make a nice companion to go along with any of your Halloween favorites. The next year, 2012, I released “Night Dreams” episode one ‘The Beginning’. A series based on a “ Dream Psychologist” who has a strange gift of entering into someone’s nightmares and helping them end their terror by altering what happens as he enters as them. This is serialized fiction, with each episode connecting to the next just like a TV show might do. The idea is to connect one to the other with the ending leaving the reader wanting to find out what happens next. The second episode ‘Andrea’s Demon’ will be released soon. My latest release is the horror novella “Floor Four” a story about the ghost of a serial killer who haunts the floor of an abandoned hospital where the curiosity of the local kids gets them into trouble. “Floor Four” is currently FREE at most ebook retailers.

I feel horror stories should be read at night, in a dark room, with the soft glow of a reading light being your only friend and only barrier between you and that dark corner of the room; the one you keep glancing at every time you hear a strange noise. In that setting, your mind will let your senses take in your surroundings. Every sound will be magnified, and every shadow will move as you absorb each word delivered to your mind's eye. That is the best way to enjoy a story of horror, in my opinion.

The inspiration for most of the stories that I have released come from places and things that I grew up around in Texas. I moved to Arizona eight years ago and have found that it is a great place for finding things that can inspire as well. But no matter where that inspiration comes from, I feel, as most authors I have talked to feel, that the most important thing is to keep writing that story that is in your head - the one that is begging to be brought out and put down on paper/computer.

I find writing a pleasure, and doing it has never been a pain for me. The words don’t always flow as smoothly as we would like, but for the most part the word count builds each day.
I want to thank Carla for allowing me to ‘blog’ to you today and tell you a little bit about me and my writing.

A. Lopez, Jr. (Junior)

Horror author
http://alopezjr.com



"Floor Four" A Novella of Horror
(FREE at eBook Stores Amazon  Bn N  Kobo

Synopsis:
‘A loud bang was heard from above, scaring the boys. They shined their lights up the stairwell. The sounds of chains rattling on the floor stirred the dust above. Something or someone was up there. Doug, hiding his fear, took a couple of more steps up. Brandon and Kyle looked at him, their feet locked in place. They had no intention of going any further.’
The old, abandoned Saint Vincent Hospital is said to be haunted by the ghost of David Henry Coleman, the notorious serial killer, known as The Mangler. Coleman died on the fourth floor after being shot by police. For the three Jr. High boys, their curiosity gets the best of them as they explore the old hospital, despite ‘Old Man’ Jake’s warning. No one knew of Jake’s dark connection to the killer and the hospital. And now, on the anniversary of The Mangler’s death, a group of high school kids are planning a private party on the haunted fourth floor. Jake must keep everyone out and protect them from the true evil that lurks on Floor Four.




Born and raised in Texas and now residing in Arizona, A. LOPEZ, Jr. published his first work "Purgatory – 13 Tales of the Macabre" in 2011, and "Night Dreams-episode one- The Beginning" last year. "Floor Four" is his third release, with "Night Dreams-episode two- Andrea's Demon", coming soon.

Visit Junior online on: http://alopezjr.com and http://www.ace-hil-ink.com You can also follow him on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment