A freelance translator’s life

 Another way of being a writer

Image from Pixabay

As you know, I’m an author. I published some thrillers and science fiction novels, plus a non-fiction book. But being an author isn’t the only way I’m a writer. I do like writing articles and newsletters, but I especially like translating.

Actually, I’m a freelance translator for almost 20 years now, and lately I decided to dedicate a few articles to this job of mine. They are featured in a Medium publication called Babel, which you can find at this link: https://medium.com/babel

Three articles are available so far.
1)      “Why I am a translator” is about my journey to become a translator, starting from my first encounter with a foreign language when I was five, continuing with my experience studying English, French, and German, while becoming a biologist and a university researcher, and my decision to use my language skills in a profitable way.
2)      “What is translation?” explains the translation process in the mind of a translator and how being able to speak two or more languages isn’t enough to make you a translator.
3)      “Use of translation software” is about the tools a professional translator uses to deliver the best possible version of a text in another language (usually their native one).

If you are a Medium paying member, you can find them at the following links:
1)     Why I am a translator
2)     What is translation?
3)     Use of translation software
Please use these links if you’re a paying member.

If you are NOT a Medium paying member, you can use these friend links to read them:
1)      Why I am a translator
2)      What is translation?
3)      Use of translation software
Please DON’T use these links if you’re a paying member.

I hope you’ll find them interesting.
If you speak more than one language or are a linguist, please share your experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment